When I was growing up, my father used to say that a name was the most important thing in a society. I now agree with him, your name is your brand, it speaks values for you before anyone sees you.
“You are your own brand” I always say.
My brand is PKahill, it speaks for me and I add value it. It is talked about, judged, tested, measured and documented every day; with all that I have learnt to nurture, care, cultivate and promote it.
Before I learnt what self branding meant, I used to use a lot of names online on different blog platforms that now am faced with plagiarism. I can’t re-post what I wrote years ago nor take credit for it, because it has other names as their blueprints.
Self branding can be optimized to fit your packaging, deliveries and digital blueprints. You can be a strong brand when you focus on positive energy and positioning online or in your field.
You have to be humble, patient, informed, ready to learn and above all respect oneself and others. Thanks to the 360 Network I was nurtured in these ways.
You see Airtel, MTN, Pepsi, and all the other companies are brands that have reputations to keep, now think of yourself as that brand and read through these guidelines I have learnt over time.
1. You have to be faithful to self and society.
3. Forget your education, brands have no degrees, brands have experiences.
4. Be yourself at all times, do not pretend to be anything different.
5. Stick to your beliefs, people will respect you for that.
6. Evolve with time, grow and develop your brand.
7. Listen and listen then comment.
8. Always be on your guard regarding things related to your brand. These are your main interests and likes.
9. Remember to leave a right first impression with the people who interact with your brand.
10. Then your life offline should represent who you are online, you can’t be a fraudster… your brand will not survive.
One thought on “Self Branding; Your Name is Your Brand.”