In 2015, my heart started bleeding for the boychild and men because what I was seeing around was not good at all. As the heads of families, men were failing and there were more initiatives towards women who were their helpers and none for the ones in the driver’s seat.
I cried out to God and said please help us, we are losing our future as the leaders are failing to do what is required of them and thus women are taking up the positions which were never meant to be theirs.
Seven years later I have witnessed God’s responses to my prayer. He has lifted men to take on the mantle to help other men boldly take on their God-ordained position as heads. From the Boys’ mentorship programs happening in different places to men’s talks coming in churches and works places. And are attending them with so much desire and zeal.
Today, Worship Harvest Ministries gathered men between 20 – 50 years at the church’s main headquarters in Naalya. The Man Talk is an initiative by Apostle Moses Mukisa to bring men together and talk about prominent men-related issues that are being ignored.
Men are struggling with many issues that even if we women see them and think we can help them, only men can help themselves. From pornography to alcohol and drug abuse, to self-doubt and low self-esteem, peer pressure, identity crisis issues, and many other things that only men know very well.
Then there is a timing issue. When men miss the timing and season of their lives to do things they are meant to do and hence tend to run away from the realities of their lives. According to Apostle Moses Mukisa, there are stages of a man’s life, things men should be doing at the different stages of life, these include
- Preparation for take-off – the process of getting ready which is around 0-20 years where things are taught, and all necessary things to take off are done.
- Take off – you must have a runaway and again a certain speed. This is around 20-30 years. Here one is on a high speed. They are doing things at an acceleration speed, like getting married. A 20-year-old man qualifies to fight in a war and feed his family Numbers 1:1-3.
Also, this is the time for the establishment, the time to lift heavy things, time for spiritual enlightenment.
- Lift/Climb – this is between 30-40, the climb phrase. You are gaining attitude and have desired to be something. And you start pondering that chosen career path. This is where you are doing all the important work of your life. This is the building time, the sacrifice times. The time to understand what one can handle.
Marriage requires a certain level of stupidity. Marry early when you are still controlled by emotions. It is a wise thing to marry in your twenties. – Ap. Moses
- Cruise – this is deceptive though. But here are having maximum results and systemic results. This is the 40-50 years level. This only happens if you used the 30-40 climb stage well. This is when you are handling teenagers and thinking about university education for your children. Here are using minimum fuel and maximum speed. This is your eating stage when life is really happening.
- Prepare to Land – 50-60 is when you prepare to rest. This is the stage of just being and preparing where you are to land. This is the descending stage.
- Landing – 70+ Rest years.
Men need a covering of other men to stay on the cross and be accountable so that they don’t stray away from the ways they are desiring and want to be. Men grow by being mentored by fellow men, but it depends on which kind of men they are. Bad men produce bad men around them and good men the same.
Mentorship, coaching, and training spaces groom men to live a fulfilled life. A life that matters and of great substance and purpose. These men initiatives are coming up to equip men to warm my heart and build my confidence in God and the men coming from them.
Spaces like these prepare men for the future and their roles as men in society. They equip men to be the best they are supposed to be for their families and communities plus themselves.