I started being so intentional about doing business well when I started Kahill Insights Company Ltd and in a godly manner. I knew it was a gift and a call so I took it by the horns and decided to enjoy the rollercoaster.
For 8 years now, I have got most of my business help, advice, and ideas from the sacred book of God the bible. This book has every lesson for life. You can read a verse today and it resonates with your health, next week some verse and it’s about your relationship then a month later some verse is about your business.
So when I looked for principles that would fall in our business value of Biblical Standards and Principals of doing business, all I needed was in there.
Then one time I was looking up the meaning of the above value we stand for to see that our interpretation was not off for us as a team and our clients, then I found Ken Gosnell his book ‘WELL DONE’. You should have seen my experiment. I download the book on my scribe and started reading away.
I have to confess I don’t read books as in the order they are written mainly those books that have chapters that speak into a new topic, idea or function, principle. This is exactly what I did with “Well Done”, I scrolled through the book to the chapter that spoke to my heart immediately –Know the Order of Things. In this chapter, on page 3 Ken asks us to think and write down 4 things that would define clarity in order of importance according to that thing that is unclear in our lives. With that activity, I found finding my answers to the clarity I needed for Kahill Insigths’ value that we thought would be confusing.
God coming first for us in all that we do as a business is not something we are afraid to show or mention. Then our families come second above our business, the customers next and we needed to work on making the business bigger than me the leader. So when it came to the principle of Know the order of things and work the order, there were 6 of them that state;
- Strive for clarity – Clear leaders have more power and success for their organisations. These are the transformation leaders John Maxwell talks about his book the 5 levels of leadership. A transofrmation leader transformational leader takes retreats to clear thier view of the business.
- Seek God First – practice God thinking in every area of your life. Find the godly principles that you believe are essential to your business. Things like tithing, giving, praying and fasting are ours. We thinking of adding the holy communion principle and anointing of feet and the head.
- Second things must never become frist thing – no matter what happens, never bring forward the second thing to replace the frist.
- Second things that often become first things – activties that do not support the betterment of the misison of the organisation. These are the confusing decisions, tasks, that drive the leader from knowing how to do the frist things. Action that serve no purpose in evlating the bsuiness.
- Bulid great processes – Have effectie sales processes, engaged customer expereince processes, empowered goal setting processes, easy and repeatable purchasing processess.
- Practice the art of the frist- furit- Put God frist in your finances. Give Him His tithe as He has blessed you. So your business should be tithing on every increase before taxes, before any expense.
Find more about Well Done in the article below by Ken or find the full book on scribed. You will not regret it.